These Banana muffins are easy to prepare and healthy too. I have tried Banana muffins using all purpose flour before but i wanted to prepare something using whole wheat flour .I also used honey and brown sugar instead of regular sugar.The addition of honey gives a nice flavour and taste to the muffin. The muffins came out soft and moist. you can't really say it is made with wheat flour.
Whole wheat flour(I used pilsbury)
Banana long variety
Oil(I used sunflower oil)
- Preheat oven to 180 °c
- Take wheat flour,Baking powder,Baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl mash the bananas thoroughly (you can also puree it in the blender)
- Add honey,oil,sugar,vanilla essence,milk to the banana puree and mix well with a whisk.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour the banana mix into it and mix so that everything just comes together . don't overmix . This is very important to get the right muffin.
- If you feel the consistency is very thick add few more tablespoons of milk. Fold the chopped walnuts gently.
- Line your muffin pans with liners and drop the batter evenly on the cases till 3/4th full. sprinkle some brown sugar and chopped walnuts on the top and bake in preheated oven at 180°c for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the muffins sit in the pan for couple of minutes and then take it out.
- Enjoy your soft ,tasty and healthy muffins.
- You can also make these muffins with half wheat flour and half all purpose flour or with all purpose flour alone.
- you can use superfine white sugar instead of brown sugar.
- I got 6 standard size muffins for the above quantity.