Thursday, September 6, 2012

How to make Sprouts

Though most of you know how to make sprouts at home,I am posting my way of making Moong sprouts which might be useful to beginners.Once you start making them at home you will never buy store bought ones.

Method:
  • Take 1 cup of Moong dhal,rinse them well and soak in a vessel with enough water.Allow it to soak overnight.
  • Next day morning ,rinse them once and allow to drain in a colander for 10-15 mins.
  • Now transfer the drained Moong dhal to a Hot pack(Caserole which is used to keep things warm).
  •  Cover and keep it for a day.
  • After 12 hrs you can see sprouts coming but I prefer to keep it overnight to get long sprouts.
  • Next day morning you can see nice sprouts. Transfer to an airtight container and this keeps well in refrigerator for upto 3 days.You can also freeze them if you prefer.
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.Please feel free to comment on how you liked my post.Your feedback is valuable to me.